- Timber is strong, durable and timeless.
- Good quality timber windows and doors naturally enhance and add value to a property and are often regarded as essential features.
- Home owners can be assured of the longevity and low maintenance benefits of well-designed, high performance timber windows and doors.
- Timber is an inherently warm material, offering good insulation properties. Combined with the benefits of double-glazing and draught sealing, energy consumption is significantly reduced.
- Timber is not only a renewable resource it is also recyclable, which is vital for environmental conservation. Many environmental organisations are in total support of timber as the preferred material to use for windows and doors.
At SPS Timber Windows we not only create beautiful timber windows and doors but ensure that their performance is optimised through the use of the highest quality timber available.
Accoya® wood is the result of more than 80 years’ research and development that has brought together a long-established and extensively proven wood modification technique – acetylation – and leading-edge proprietary technology to create a premium, high performance wood.
Accoya® wood has “Class 1” durability, the best level of durability possible in wood, it has undergone extensive testing for dimensional stability and is virtually rot- proof. The performance of Accoya® wood at least matches or exceeds that of the very best tropical hardwoods, yet it is produced from well managed sustainable sources including FSC, PEFC and other regionally certified woods.
The enhanced durability of Accoya® wood facilitates a lifespan of at least 50 years above ground. Accoya® wood forms an effective barrier to mould and insect attack and is virtually rot-proof.
Accoya® wood offers outstanding dimensional stability, matching or exceeding that of all the best timber species in the world. Its reduced swelling and shrinkage, by 75% or more, enables it to be used in applications where it will encounter varying moisture conditions, resulting in reduced maintenance frequency and costs.
The high strength to weight ratio of Accoya® wood is suitable for the most challenging applications.
Compared to other durable wood species, Accoya® wood offers superior thermal insulation and energy conservation.
Accoya® wood is produced from well managed sustainable sources including FSC, PEFC and other regionally certified woods. Only abundantly available, fast growing source species are used to create Accoya® wood.
Accoya® wood is non-toxic and is fully reusable and recyclable. Accoya® is an environmentally compatible substitute for carbon intensive materials such as plastics, metals and concrete.
For further information on Accoya® wood, visit the SPS Timber Windows Accoya® site
SPS Timber Windows supports the Wood for Good campaign.